Muhammadiyah Tobacco Control Centre (MTCC) UMY in collaboration with Medicuss Foundation, proudly present “Training program for Tobacco Control Champions“.
This program will be conducted on December in Yogyakarta.
- The Victims of Tobacco keep on increasing and keep on moving to the younger age.
- We need more people to be able to speak up and making this movement more to the people base movement.
- Creating new leader that can lead more movement of Tobacco Control within Indonesia
- Providing all the knowledge and skill that they might needed to lead the movement.
- Creating new leader with a creative way of thinking, to enables them to fight with a different style of movements.
- Creating a network of cooperation a cross all the movements, so they will be able to works together as one big movement, but also can be uniquely give colors to the movement base on local issues.
- Creating the pressure toward local and national government, toward accession of Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) and implementation on the national laws, and local laws, and creating a network of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of implementation of the law.
What participants will learn during the training?
- What is FCTC?
- Why we need FCTC?
- Analyzed current Indonesia position on Tobacco Control, and current position on Tobacco Control Network and Tobacco Industry current issue.
- Public speaking capability.
- Delivering key messages.
Moreover, the traing will also provides:
- Analyzed, evaluating, arranging, coordinating movement, and engaging more people to engage to the movement.
- Planning progress and creating work plan for the movement, setting goal and achievement objective for the organization to engage the programs.
- Coordinating with others organization, without losing they own objective and enrich the movement with more arsenal that they might needed from other organization that they can and will engage.
- Mass media campaign and social media campaign, and makes our campaign engaging more peoples and attracting more peoples to get involve to the movement.
- University student
- Non smokers
- Willing to work voluntarry, willing to learn
- Special interest on tobacco related problem, not limited only on smoking
- Open for any education background
- One year commitment for the program
- Willing to mentor new champions
- 100 words expression on interest
- Send it to:
Subject: TC Champion
What we are offering:
- Short course in tobacco control
- Open international scholarship opportunities
- Leadership capacity
- National and international networking
- Chance to spoke with VVIP person in the country
Save these important dates:
Latest application 15 November 2016.
Announcement: 26 November 2016
Program: December 2016